Monday, September 7, 2009

Best Rapper Alive

"Get your alcohol ready! Cath and I have 2 fifths of vodka already!" - Mary
"Holy fuck! How are you planning on getting home?" -Brad
"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it" -Mary

No alcohol, no need!

Wednesday night was probably the best night of my life. 10 hours of driving with an insane driver named Mary Legault but it was totally worth it when we arrived at the Marcus Amphitheater in Milwaukee, Wi. for The America's Most Wanted tour.

Mary, Cathy Legault, Emily Zellar, Kells and Myself took off at 3pm eastern time for a 7pm central concert time. DJ Brad controlled the music after Mary dicked it by tryin to play country music to get us stoked to see Weezy.. We got there a little late and missed Jeremih and Pleasure P but I wasn't too upset about missing out on a live performance of Birthday Sex.. We got there in time to see most of Soulja Boy, all of Young Jeezy and of course Lil Wayne and Young Money Entertainment.

Now let me just say, I am not a Soulja Boy fan except for 2 or 3 songs. But I have to admit, he does put on a good show. He did play "kiss me thru the phone" and "turn my swag on" which were the only 2 songs I wanted to hear.

Jeezy, which just so happens to be the name of Chris and Vaugn's new puppy, played a short set. I would've like to see more of him. He barely had any time to get all his hits into the set. He didn't play to much from The Recession which is my favorite album by him but he DID go all the way back to Thug Motivation 101 with "soul survivor" that was legit.

Before Jeezy came on, Kells and I went to the Merch tent and Kells got a $15 bandana.. I shoulda done that as well but of course not, I went for the $35 shirt.. make it $40 cus its an extra 5 dollas for bigger sizes like 2xl.. and your not gonna NOT get dub x when it is offered to you. We saw the tour buses as well and a bunch of dudes hangin around outside of them, one of them I saw, during Lil Wayne's set, walk right up to a girl in the front row of the middle section, talk for about 10 seconds, got her phone number and walked away.. In the words of sir Tyler Aymond, that was sweet!

10 minutes before Wayne came out, they opened the gates to the middle section of bleachers and everyone in the lawn rushed up to get in.. Somehow, Kells and I managed to stay together and get into the 3rd row.. We were still a good distance away since there was a whole lower level of bleachers and a floor between us and the stage but it was way better than the lawn.

Weezy was rediculous. 2 hour set and he played just about every hit he has been apart of the last couple years, almost every song on Tha Carter III and went as far back as Tha Carter with "go DJ" and he played with a full band along with a dj.. He also slayed some guitar for a little bit.

Along with Wayne came all of YME as well, like Gudda Gudda, T-Streets, Mack Maine, Jae Millz, Tyga, Lil Twist, Lil Chuckee, Nicki Minaj and Shanell. They all had at least a verse or two throughout the show. Along with them were his 6 or 7 dancers, who all happened to be hot. They danced on anything on stage which included chairs and stripper poles.. Chris is soo jealous about that..

Birdman showed up!! Him and Weezy sang their verses on "we takin over" and it was awesome!

Kells has more to add to this because this night was definitely worth more than just one blog post.. so he'll be back later with pics. All I have to say about this concert is that it was easily the best concert I've ever been to. I would do it again if I had the chance to. We got home at 6am and i slept for about 20 minutes on the way home. I was wayy to stoked to sleep. I was shaking with adrenaline when we got in the car.

I'll leave you a little video compilation that kells put together of a few videos we took while at the concert. They are a little crappy since they were all on a digital camera but its just a small amount of what we witnessed.

Don't mind the spelling mistake. It's entrance not enterance Kelly.. hahaha The more I live with him, the more I realize how bad of a speller he is.. this is a text I got from him after the show while we were driving home.. and yes we were in the same car.. I just didnt feel like talkin.

Kells: Weezy IS the best raper alive
Brad: raper or rapper?
Kells: shit! rapper i need a phone with spell check!

pz, BW

No comments:

Post a Comment