Friday, October 9, 2009

4 Teeth Down.

7:30AM came around and my trusty alarm clock went off, I did not have much to do since i was unable to eat or drink anything 6 hours prior to surgery. I threw on some comfy clothes waited for my mom to get ready and then we were off. We arrived at the office and I was the first patient of the day.
The nurse opened the door and called my name, I took my seat and told her "let's get this over with" she then asked me if I had any questions where I then asked for my teeth when they were done but due to some lame insurance laws she said it was a health risk to let me bring them home...
After that disappointment I was then hooked up to an IV where i remember thinking, this is probably going to be the last thing I remember, which it was. Now im not sure if this really happened or if i woke up for a second or two but it seems like i remember seeing and hearing the doc pulling out my bottom right tooth and thinking "shit i gotta fall back asleep". Then when I officially woke up I was stoked that i wasn't in pain and that it was all over with. I rolled out of the office in a wheel chair and hopped into my mothers car looking a little somthin' like this...
Yea nice kid...

Then I got home and had a totally numb lower lip, tong and roof of my mouth which made it real hard to drink water without getting half of it on my shirt. A whole lot of drooling took place today...
Action Shot!

That one touched the ground!

They bled for about 4 hours so I had to swap out the gauze quite a few times which was anything but fun...
Bloody Gauze... not the Woman's bathroom...(i think i just made myself puke in my mouth)

I was real excited once my mouth finally decided to stop bleeding cause i was getting pretty hungry. So i had my first of many gourmet meals for the day. Starting with mashed potatoes, then moving to easy mac.
Nothing like swallowing some easy mac whole.

FROSTY!

I made sure to keep icing my face with hopes that it will make for a quicker recovery so I looked like this for the majority of the day...
I'd say it's a good look.

Overall i was pretty stoked with how little pain there has been so far, I know alot of people say the 2nd and 3rd day are pretty ruff but if thats the case atleast I've got a full bottle of pills as well as a full season of Fantasy Factory to watch. I'll be sure to update again tomorrow but heres where im sitting at now...
Square face kelly.

Well im off to bed so hopefully i can get a good nights sleep and not wake up in too much pain.
Have a goodnight kids!
-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. When I had meniscus surgery last summer, the doctors told me I woke up in the middle of the surgery, took off the respirator and asked a nurse "wait...are they doing surgery on my knee like RIGHT NOW??" The nurse was like "ugh, yeah??" and I said "oh....sweet!" and passed out again. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisdom Teeth Experience:

    Post surgery, they showed me my face without wiping all the blood off ?

    dummies.

    As I cracked jokes about eating dead squirrels?.... I ripped every stitch in my mouth.

    dummies.

    Probably the worst pain in my life.
    Upside? I lost 5 LB's.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete